Santa Monica, CA
Founded in 2011, Mediakix is one of the first and leading influencer marketing companies. We are recognized by Inc. 5000 as one of the fastest-growing companies and we continue to be one of the most innovative in the industry. We’re headquartered one block away from the beach on Main Street in Santa Monica.
Our clients include Blue Apron, Fairmont Hotels, Universal, LG, Nordstrom, Uber, and many other top global brands. We build innovative campaigns with top social media influencers across YouTube, Instagram, Snapchat, blogs, and other social platforms. Mediakix has been featured in The Wall Street Journal, BuzzFeed, Adweek, and Mashable.
We’re a young, fun, creative, and passionate team, achieving awesome things in an ever-evolving industry. We are looking for an enthusiastic Marketing Coordinator eager to grow and learn in the influencer space.
The Marketing Team produces a high-trafficked blog, a weekly newsletter, white papers, infographics and original research about influencer marketing. As a Marketing Coordinator you will manage and build our social media presence, write regular blog posts, manage content and conduct in-depth research on the influencer marketing industry.
Strong writing skills are crucial for this role, as is a demonstrated interest in social media. This is a unique opportunity to be a part of a highly collaborative team, gain invaluable technical skills, and build real-world experience in the fastest-growing sector of marketing. This is an ideal position for someone interested in the advertising / PR / marketing / social media world.
What You Will Do:
- Manage Mediakix social media channels (i.e. schedule posts, engage across social channels, increase social outreach, coordinate with company objectives, etc.)
- Write content for Mediakix blog (2-3 weekly blog posts on influencer marketing and related industry news and trends)
- Track and measure success of social media initiatives by using reporting and analytics
- Conduct research on various facets of the influencer marketing industry, at the guidance of the Sr. Content Marketing Manager and VP of Marketing
- Support content management, newsletter distribution and various marketing projects
What You Will Need:
- Bachelor’s Degree from top-ranked school in Business, Marketing, Journalism, Communications, or a related field.
- 0-2 years relevant work experience in marketing, PR, publishing and/or related field.
- Very strong editorial skills: clear and concise writing, content editing, copy editing, and proofreading. Must provide samples.
- Strong research skills: attention to detail, analytical abilities.
- Strong knowledge of social media channels and strategy. Experience professionally managing a social media account a plus.
- Passion for digital media/advertising and knowledge about influencer marketing and social media.
This is a full-time salaried position with benefits. $45-55k DOE.
- Your resume
- A paragraph on why you would be the best candidate for this particular role (no cover letters please)
- 2 of your most relevant writing samples
- Links to social media accounts you’ve managed, or your own social media accounts
Qualified applicants will be invited for an initial phone interview, followed by a work submission round, and a final office visit and interview.
No phone calls.
Job Type: Full-time