Santa Monica, CA
Mediakix is a leading influencer marketing company. Founded in 2011, we were one of the first influencer marketing companies and as an award-winning 2017 Inc. 5000 company, we continue to be one of the fastest growing and most innovative in the space. Based in Santa Monica, CA, Mediakix creates and strategizes influencer marketing and advertising initiatives across YouTube, Instagram, Snapchat, and other social platforms.
Our clients include the biggest and best brands in the world! Including Blue Apron, Exxon Mobile, Fairmont Hotels, LG, Uber, Sleep Number, Hallmark and many more top brands. We’ve partnered with the biggest and best influencers as well including Lele Pons, Anwar, Rudy Mancuso, Song of Style, Alisha Marie, and pretty much everyone else.
We do our own marketing and PR, writing the biggest industry blog on influencer marketing. We’ve been featured in Mashable, BuzzFeed, Adweek, The Verge, Wall Street Journal, and all other major outlets.
We’re young, fun, creative, and passionate. We’re doing awesome things in a fast growing, brand new industry that’s changing advertising. Yes, we’re a part of changing advertising. You can be too!
We are looking for a Director of Marketing Communications & PR, an entrepreneurial and seasoned, yet hands-on, strategic communications leader with a proven record of creating and directing large-scale communications and public relations programs while being able to quickly execute alongside team members.
S/he must have a passion for the advertising industry, possess a ''can-do'' attitude, have experience with B2B clients, and expertise in media relations, content, events, and communications. This includes media pitching, media coordination, blogging, social media marketing, press material writing, and more.
The ideal candidate will have a strong advertising publicity background, expertise in cross-platform content, and a deep understanding of the evolving media landscape. The Director should demonstrate strong relationships with advertising and business journalists and in the B2B community, the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, a connection to influencer marketing, and a love of emerging social media.
What You Will Do:
- Own and lead Mediakix's communications strategy
- Develop, pitch, and execute media relations strategy to communicate Mediakix’s story, business innovation, creativity, and success
- Develop and grow Mediakix events and thought leadership presence from workshops to panels to industry conferences
- Serve as a key contact for media, industry partners and the community
- Collaborate with the editorial team to identify and tell stories that demonstrate the significance and impact of its content
- Lead efforts for award submissions, industry recognition, etc.
- Work with executive team to set and obtain PR goals each fiscal year
- Create and oversee social media marketing strategy and channels (i.e. owned social media platforms and third-party partner and contributor sites)
- Write, edit, and distribute all press releases, materials, and media advisories
- Collaborate across the company to provide fully integrated marketing communications
- Create strategy and oversee content creation for Mediakix social channels and website, including drafting and editing blog posts, and organizing content.
- Lead for special projects as appointed.
What You Will Need:
- 5-7 years of experience in Marketing, Public Relations, or Communications preferably B2B
- Bachelor’s degree, ideally with a major in Public Relations, English, Communications, Journalism, Mass Media, Marketing or related field
- A minimum of 2 years of previous management experience is required. Experience leading marketing teams and processes in a fast paced, varied environment
- Experience with event strategy, execution, and revenue goals
- Ability to pitch to media on daily basis with existing media relationships
- Experienced writing and editing background, prior experience in the communications or journalism fields, and passionate about creating stories and general interest for the organization
- Proven track record of successful written and verbal communication skills for B2B audiences. Experience writing/editing media relations collateral including press releases, media kits, alerts, fact sheets, etc.
- Strong understanding of communications measurement, social/digital media execution and analytics
- Strong editing skills
- Proven ability to create partnerships within industry and community; strong media relations experience, preferably in business, marketing, and advertising
- Excellent media networking (traditional and non-traditional); existing relationships in related industry a plus
- Experience handling media interviews, writing for media, pitching stories for media
- Experience managing and building media list
- Strategic thinking and critical analysis of data, business information, messaging with emphasis on impact to business
This is a full-time salaried position with vision, dental, and health benefits. DOE.
Please send 1) your resume, 2) a paragraph(s) on why you think you would be the best candidate (no cover letters), and 3) two of your best writing samples.
No phone calls.