Delaney Childs has always loved fashion, but it wasn’t until she graduated from college, moved to LA, and bought her first camera that her influencer journey really kicked off.
She started out by creating her very own lifestyle blog, The Styled Seed, which revolves around everything fashion, beauty, and fun. The title came from the idea that every seed starts out small, growing into something beautiful over time — and that’s exactly what Delaney has done with her social media presence.
By sharing her always-evolving arsenal of style tips and tricks with her growing list of followers, she’s built quite the following and fan base across several social media channels.
Delaney is always on the lookout for new trends, new adventures, and new inspiration. Get to know her and find out what she’s planning next in her exclusive interview here:
1. Tell us a bit about how you got started as an influencer. What was the most difficult part?
I started posting fashion photos as a hobby and a way to express myself creatively. The hardest part was just learning about the industry, navigating my way through it, and sticking to it.
2. You’ve said before that photoshoots are a daily occurrence. What does your weekly content creation schedule look like?
I usually do some sort of content creation every single day. From taking IG photos, filming YouTube and IGTV videos, TikToks, and staying up on Stories daily – there is always some form of content to be made!
3. What’s your style forecast for 2021? Any up and coming brands on your radar?
I’m loving the funky trends that are coming into style and I’m thinking we’ll see more of them in 2021. Lots of vintage and retro inspired pieces. I’ve been trying to discover more small brands lately and I’m looking forward to their success in 2021.
Lightning Round Questions:
4. Sneakers or boots?
5. In your opinion what’s the most underrated winter staple? Summer staple?
Berets for winter! A go-to tote bag for summer adventures!
6. Favorite city you’ve been to so far?
7. Who is your style icon?
Love Hailey Bieber’s style!
8. Many influencers pick a single niche, but you cover fashion, beauty, lifestyle, and everything in between (especially on your YouTube channel)! What are the pros and cons of covering multiple genres?
The pros are it allows me to express myself more. I can share so many facets of my life and I love that. I’m also able to connect with different people on different levels this way.
The cons would be that it can become a bit overwhelming and trickier to navigate sometimes. But it’s 100% worth it to me.
9. What do you think is the biggest misconception about becoming an influencer? Any tips for accelerating Instagram growth?
That it’s easy.
It’s a fun career, it’s flexible, it’s creative – but it is not easy.
I don’t think any job is easy. To grow I think you must be consistent, genuine, and never give up!
10. Brand partnerships are a central element of being an influencer. When you started publishing sponsored posts, did your fans respond any differently to them?
Not really. My audience has always been very supportive of me. I think they enjoy growing with me as well – when I get an exciting brand partnership my community usually celebrates it with me which is so special.
11. How do you decide which brands to partner with? What values are most important to you in a brand partnership?
I love working with the brands I grew up shopping because it’s truly a dream come true.
I also love working with small businesses and supporting them on their new ventures.
I simply make sure that I enjoy and genuinely like each product/clothing item/etc. when working with a brand so that I can confidently stand behind it.
12. What are you most excited about for the new year? Any upcoming projects you’d like to share?
I’m looking forward to new ventures and self growth in the new year. I’m hoping we’ll be able to travel again in 2021 which is something I love to do. I’ll also be launching my own brand “boyed” in 2021 – stay tuned for the magic!