Subscribe to our industry digest for the latest news and trends on top Snapchatters, Instagrammers, YouTubers, & bloggers.
Snapchat’s easy-to-publish format and ephemeral nature is attracting social media stars from other platforms and creating a host of new digital celebrities of its own. As the app continues to offer new innovations and draw massive audiences—Snapchat now has as many as 130 million active users, according to Re/Code, and 72% of 12- to 24-year-old use Snapchat more than any other social media platform (The Infinite Dial)—the world’s biggest pop stars and musical artists are joining Snapchat to give their fans “behind-the-scenes” access to tours and concerts and a look at the more private/personal aspects of their lives.
Snapchat’s fast-growing millennial audiences and high levels of user engagement (Snapchat users are spending an average of 30 minutes per day creating and consuming Snapchat “Snaps” & “Stories,” according to Advertising Age) makes the app an attractive platform for marketing opportunities. By developing influencer marketing campaigns (via brand-sponsored content, Snapchat Takeovers, etc.) with Snapchat’s most engaging digital stars, brands can increase their exposure to millions of attentive Snapchatters and draw consumers to a company’s own Snapchat channel.
For more information on how brands can leverage the power of Snapchat and/or collaborate with the app’s top social media influencers, see the following resources:
Unlike Instagram, Twitter, or Facebook, Snapchat does not (yet) offer a way for users to search for their favorite pop stars, singer-songwriters, record producers, and/or rappers. To help both users and brands find their favorite celebrities, we’ve created an infographic of the top Snapchat accounts to follow:
1. Ariana Grande @moonlightbae: Former Nickelodeon star, Grammy-nominated pop singer
2. Cody Simpson @aussiemuso: Australian singer & actor, owner of Coast House Records
3. DJ Khaled @djkhaled305: American record producer, radio personality, and social media star
4. John Mayer @johnthekangaroo: Grammy Award-winning American singer-songwriter, blues guitarist
5. Justin Bieber @rickthesizzler: Canadian-born international pop star, winner of two American Music Awards
6. Madonna @madonna: American pop legend, Rock and Roll Hall Of Fame inductee
7. Miley Cyrus @mileyxxcyrus: International pop star. Note: Miley changes her Snapchat handle frequently
8. Rihanna @rihanna: Barbados-born singer and songwriter, Grammy Award winner
9. Selena Gomez @selenagomez: Former child star, American actor, singer, and social activist
10. Snoop Dogg @snoopdogg: American rap legend, recipient of 17 Grammy Award nominations