10 Stats You Should Know About YouTube
10 YouTube Statistics You Should Know
With 1 billion users and hundreds of millions of daily video views, YouTube is a content creating powerhouse filled with channels from the likes of music creators, to entertainers, to beauty gurus, to technology and gaming influencers and to every topic known to man in between from the commonplace to the esoteric (YouTube). YouTube is an absorbing social platform, bringing viewers together via all screens to create billions of video views every day. YouTube has become one of the leading social platforms for teens and millennials and is rapidly capturing every other demographic. YouTube has also become one of the most captivating ways to get your brand in front of millions of viewers (also see our post on top entertainment YouTubers of 2014). Below are 10 YouTube statistics you should know.
1. YouTube has over one billion users.
2. 300 hours of video are uploaded every minute.
3. Over one million advertisers are using Google ad platforms, the majority are small businesses, to reach YouTube's audience. (also see our post on top YouTube branded videos of 2014)
4. 80% of YouTube traffic comes from outside the U.S.
5. Music is the most subscribed to YouTube channel with over 87 million subscribers.
6. PewDiePie is the most subscribed to non-YouTube channel with over 35 million subscribers.
7. YouTube videos influence the purchasing decisions of 53% of all consumers in the U.S.
8. YouTube reaches more adults in the U.S. between the ages of 18-34 than any cable network.
9. The partner program where YouTubers are invited to make money from the content they upload has over 1 million users.
10. Mobile revenue on YouTube is up 100% year to year.
Also see the below info graphic, documenting how money is made by the minute on YouTube.
March 16, 2015 By Evan