For the latest news and trends on the social media influencers, YouTubers, Instagrammers, and more, subscribe to our industry digest newsletter!
These YouTuber Statistics Attest To Just How Powerful The Content Creator Community Is
UPDATE October 9, 2018 — YouTubers are the voices and trendsetters of the world. Whether they're giving their uncensored thoughts about a brand’s services or products or globetrotting to set a lifestyle example for millions of subscribers, YouTube content creators are changing the world with their ideas and opinions. These digital video stars represent a valuable asset to YouTube itself, to its individual viewers, and to any brand, company, or institution that knows how to leverage them.
We’ve compiled the most comprehensive statistics to determine who YouTubers are, how much they can make on the platform, and the type of power they wield online:
- YouTube pulls in over 1.8 billion logged-in users each month, nearing Facebook's 2 billion.
- YouTube will account for $3.36 billion in net U.S. video ad revenues in 2018.
- The number of creators earning five figures per year jumped 35% while those earning six figures increased by 45%.
- YouTube has four major Creator Awards: Silver, Gold, Diamond, and Ruby.
- 75% of children wish to pursue a YouTuber career path.
- Each minute, YouTubers upload a total of 400 hours of content.
- YouTube has paid out more than $2 billion dollars to unique Content ID creators.
- YouTuber Creators have produced more than 10,000 videos in YouTube Spaces.
- 70% of YouTube subscribers identify with YouTube Creators better than with TV or movie stars.
- The top 25 YouTubers attract more than 3x as many views as traditional celebrities on YouTube.
- 70% of YouTube's viewers believe that YouTube content creators drive modern culture.
Related Post: The Difference Between YouTubers And YouTube Creators
in blog, Influencer Marketing, Influencer Marketing Statistics, Monetization, Online Video Marketing, Social Media Influencers, YouTube Influencers