YouTube Influencer Spotlight: Meet Cassey Ho of Blogilates
Top YouTube Influencer, Cassey Ho, is a certified Pilates and fitness instructor, and the creator of POP Pilates, an instructional Pilates workout system with a big focus on music in her energizing instructional videos. She is also the founder of both oGorgeous, a line of fitness and yoga accessories for the fashion-conscious, and BODYPOP, a brand new line of affordable activewear. Cassey's videos seek to help women work towards improving their bodies through clean eating and working out. As a top YouTube influencer, Cassey demonstrates the power of both a healthy perspective and healthy relationship with yourself.
in blog, Bloggers, Native Advertising With Influencers, Social Media Influencers, YouTube Influencers
The 5 Best Ways To Collaborate With Top YouTube Content Creators:
Just in the last month, over 186 million people in the US watched an online video. Google dominated this audience with over 150M viewers on YouTube alone. Online video clearly has a huge presence with viewers.
How can you leverage this massive audience and built in engagement of online video to build your brand? Brands are increasingly working with YouTube content creators to build brand content, drive brand awareness and engage with audiences in new and innovative ways (see our blog post on the top 5 branded YouTube videos and brands that do YouTube well). How can you collaborate with popular YouTube content creators to get the word out about your product? Here are our best practices:
in blog, Branded Content With Influencers, Native Advertising With Influencers, Online Video Marketing, YouTube Influencers
YouTube Advertising: Infographic Shows YouTube Outperforming Facebook 20X For Engagement
Do you remember how excessively you used Myspace in 2006? Then, do you remember switching over to Facebook and never looking back in 2008 because it was suddenly cooler? Well, if you are looking for the social platform with the most engagement for your brand, it looks like YouTube is the new Facebook.
Brendan Gahan found that YouTube subscriptions are 20 times more valuable and drive more engagement to your brand than Facebook after two weeks of research. Ironically, you'll notice most companies have more likes on Facebook then subscriptions to their channel. There was a time when Facebook's page was an advertiser's dream. Facebook brand pages seem to have no limit to growth and engagement. Every brand had to be on Facebook, but then something happened. The algorithm changed and engagement plummeted. Facebook was guilty of it's own success: recent posts show that the average user has over 1,500 individual items running through their news feed. Furthermore, many brands have reported huge drops in engagement.
in blog, Facebook, Native Advertising With Influencers, YouTube Influencers
YouTube For Brands: 5 Best YouTube Sponsored Videos With Top Influencers
Branded content is as much art as science. It can be even more so when working with YouTubers. Brands have taken a variety of approaches from working directly with YouTubers to engaging with YouTube influencer agencies. YouTube creators are fiercely independent and conscientiously protective of doing anything at all to avoid alienating their audience by "selling out." YouTube audiences with a high component of millennials have a low tolerance for branded content that doesn't match the authenticity of the YouTuber. Included in the lexicon of describing sponsorships are terms such as branded content, YouTube sponsored videos, native advertising, native sponsorships, and more. Regardless of the terms, the goals of engaging the audience are the same (see our post on top YouTube channels to work with).
in blog, Native Advertising With Influencers, Online Video Marketing, YouTube Influencers
Native Advertising Solves Display Ad Problems
Ad Age published a post stating that close to 50% of online ads aren't ever seen. The post was vague about precisly which ads it was referring to (display, instream, search, etc.), but we can make some guesses at what's going on here, what's not working, and why native advertising is taking over:
- Display ads are commoditized, cheap and easy. No one's really checked if they work -- if display ads are amounting to real, branded engagement, awareness, and bottom-line boosting conversions. Everyone stares at their click through rate (CTR) and prays it's at least above average. When it is, the customer is happy but this prompts more ads.
- Most advertisers don't really know what they're doing. Many brands put out a massive amount of re-targeting ads at a PPC price, proceed to let them run amok on low quality sites, and at below-the-fold placements.
- Visitors have trained themselves to ignore display ads. We consume so much online content these days that everyone is trained to look in the usual places for the content and avoid the places where display ads lie (side rail).
- Visitors have trained themselves to multi-task. It used to be that an instream ad guaranteed a view. Now, a visitor can open a new tab or window, write an email, text a friend, and check back in 30 seconds later to watch their original video.
What's The Solution?
- Work Every Channel. Create great advertising with a multifaceted plan through multiple media channels including video, Twitter, Facebook, native advertising, and branded content. The Old Spice Campaign hit every aspect of this and blew it out of the water.
- Go Native. Whatever you want to call it, native advertising is taking off. Mashable debates whether the term is just another way to describe good advertising. For some channels and publishers, it means a native format that's templated. Buzzfeed consistently creates some of the best native advertising (which in this case is also branded content). Buzzfeed is now scaling up with a full-blown native advertising network.
- Market Through Influencers. Inherently native, influencer marketing is nothing new, but the space and scale have changed dramatically now that marketers can reach massive audiences through Twitter influencers, YouTubers, bloggers, Tumblrs, Instagramers, and every other social channel. Influencers have a profound impact on their audience because their audiences turn directly to them as lifestyle informants, trend setters, and tastemakers.
If you want your ad to be seen, build a native advertising strategy and marketing campaign that ensures premium visibility and ultimately, work with the right channels and brand influencers that will drive maximum viewer engagement.
in blog, Native Advertising With Influencers