For the latest influencer marketing news, resources, and case studies, subscribe to our weekly newsletter!
- Definition: Mid-tier influencers are Instagram influencers with a follower count between 50,000 and 500,000.
- More established than micro-influencers and less famous than macro-influencers, mid-tier influencers fill the space in between.
- Brands partnering with mid-tier influencers can expect sponsored content to produce solid conversions, high engagement, and an overall positive ROI.
First, What Are Instagram Influencer Tiers?
Instagram Influencer Tiers
As the influencer industry undergoes constant construction, it’s hard for marketers to gain solid footing on the ever-evolving landscape. Likewise, when it comes to the reach of social media influencers, the line between high and low-quality influencers is often amiss. That’s due to the lack of industry standards that properly categorize influencers by size, leading to the inability to find the right influencers and unmet expectations on the brand side.
The Standard Terminology In Influencer Marketing (STIM)
We’ve set out to define an industry-wide Standard Terminology in Influencer Marketing (also known as STIM). STIM breaks down influencers into five main influencer tiers by the number of Instagram followers:
- Nano-influencers: 1,000-10,000 followers
- Micro-influencers: 10,000-50,000 followers
- Mid-tier influencers: 50,000-500,000 followers
- Macro-influencers: 500,000-1 million followers
- Mega-Influencers: 1 million+ followers
The industry is most familiar with micro- and macro-influencers (and the differences between them), but new levels of influencers have emerged to accommodate the expanding space. You can learn more about the hottest new tier, nano-influencers, but we’d like to turn your attention to the lesser-known albeit powerful group: mid-tier influencers.Read More>>