Santa Monica, CA
Mediakix is a leading influencer marketing company. Founded in 2011, we were one of the first influencer marketing companies and continue to be one of the fastest growing and most innovative in the space. Based in Santa Monica, CA, Mediakix creates and strategizes influencer marketing and advertising initiatives across YouTube, Instagram, Snapchat, and other social platforms.
Our clients include the biggest and best brands in the world! Including Blue Apron, Exxon Mobile, Fairmont Hotels, LG, Uber, Sleep Number, Hallmark and many more top brands. We’ve partnered with the biggest and best influencers as well including Lele Pons, Anwar, Rudy Mancuso, Song of Style, Alisha Marie, and pretty much everyone else.
We do our own marketing and PR, writing the biggest industry blog on influencer marketing. We’ve been featured in Mashable, BuzzFeed, Adweek, The Verge, Wall Street Journal, and all other major outlets.
We’re young, fun, creative, and passionate. We’re doing awesome things in a fast growing, brand new industry that’s changing advertising. Yes, we’re a part of changing advertising. You can be too!
What You Will Do:
- Manage Mediakix-owned social media channels (i.e. scheduling posts, engaging across social, increasing social outreach, coordinating with company objectives, etc.)
- Develop and implement social strategy for Mediakix, leveraging channels like Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook and Instagram.
- Write content for Mediakix blog (3-4 weekly blog posts on influencer marketing and related industry news and trends)
- Create and curate relevant content and develop social distribution strategy on a weekly basis to engage target audiences.
- Undertake marketing department initiatives to help achieve team business targets supporting social channels and email/newsletter distribution.
- Track and measure success of social media initiatives by using reporting and analytics.
- Conduct social media research on industry trends and marketing projects/initiatives.
- Research latest trends and best practices to stay at the forefront of social media.
What You Will Need:
- Bachelor’s Degree from top-ranked school in Business, Marketing, Journalism, Communications, or related field.
- 0-2 years relevant work experience in marketing and/or related field.
- Strong editorial skills: writing, content editing, copy editing, and proofreading.
- Strong research skills: attention to detail, analytical abilities.
- Knowledge and familiarity with social channels and strategy.
- Ability to thrive in fast-paced, deadline driven, startup environment.
- Passion for engaging in social media conversations and developing new ways to utilize emerging platforms.
- Passion for digital media/advertising and knowledgeable about influencer marketing, advertising and marketing, and social media (including YouTube channels, blogs, Instagram, emerging channels, etc.)
This is a full-time salaried position with benefits. DOE.
Please send 1) your resume, 2) a paragraph on why you think you would be the best candidate (no cover letters please), 3) 2 of your best writing samples (can include college papers/projects).
No phone calls.
Job Type: Full-time