Santa Monica, CA
Founded in 2011, Mediakix is one of the first and leading influencer marketing companies. We are recognized by Inc. 5000, as one of the fastest growing companies and we continue to be one of the most innovative in the space. Our headquarters are a block from the beach in Santa Monica, CA.
Mediakix clients include: Blue Apron, Exxon Mobil, Fairmont Hotels, LG, Uber and many other top global brands across all brand categories. We create innovative advertising initiatives through top social media influencers across YouTube, Instagram, Snapchat, blogs, and other social platforms. Mediakix has been featured in The Wall Street Journal, BuzzFeed, Adweek, and Mashable.
We’re young, fun, creative, and passionate. We’re doing awesome things in an ever evolving, brand new industry that’s changing advertising. Yes, we’re a part of changing advertising. You can be too!
Working at Mediakix is an exceptional opportunity to join a fast-growing team and get in at the ground floor with one of the best in the business. There are significant opportunities for growth and career advancement for individuals who excel at their role.
We do our own marketing and PR and write the biggest influencer marketing blog. We publish trending news, white papers, case studies and content around influencer marketing.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Writer to join our team. Our ideal candidate is a strong writer and editor with the proven capability to write and edit engaging B2B content to attract and retain audiences. The ideal candidate will have a strong content and editorial background, expertise in crosssocial content, and a deep understanding of the evolving media landscape.
You will write high-quality thought leadership pieces, how-to guides, and instructional articles for a B2B audience. For this position, it is essential to be up-to-date with new technologies and marketing trends. S/he must have a passion for the advertising industry, possess a ''can-do'' attitude, and expertise in social media marketing, SEO, and B2B digital marketing.
What You’ll Do:
- Write high-quality thought leadership content demonstrating strong grasp of social media, marketing, advertising, and business industries
- Build, manage, and execute a unique and engaging editorial calendar that distinguishes Mediakix content and voice
- Contribute, outline, write and edit editorial content including blog posts, whitepapers, ebooks, research reports, infographics, etc.
- Collaborate across entire marketing department and communicate regarding timelines, project details, and priorities
- Define and execute on daily content publishing
- Undertake content marketing writing initiatives as needed to achieve business targets including supporting social channels, email/newsletter, site and sales-marketing copy
- Write and contribute to 3rd party partner sites
- Research latest advertising, marketing, social media, and influencer marketing trends to ensure published content is authoritative, up-to-date, and relevant
What You’ll Need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Journalism, or relevant field from a top ranked school
- 3-5 years experience in editorial, writing, content marketing
- Exceptional writing and editing skills, as well as the ability to adopt the style, tone, and voice of our various types of content
- Experienced writing and editing background, prior experience in the communications or journalism fields, and passionate about creating stories and general interest for the organization
- Proficiency in Google Suite, MS Office, and WordPress
- Editorial mindset
- Hands on experience with SEO and web traffic metrics
- Expertise in social media platforms
- A passion and strong understanding of the industry and our business mission
This is a full-time salaried position with benefits.
Please send your resume, a paragraph on why you think you would be the best candidate (no cover letters please), and 3-4 of your best B2B content writing samples.
No phone calls.