Santa Monica, CA
Since 2011, Mediakix has worked with the largest and fastest-growing brands on influencer marketing campaigns across YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, and top lifestyle blogs. Mediakix draws upon its social media influencer network of thousands and years of campaign performance data to develop customized, ROI-driven campaigns that meet and exceed its clients’ marketing and business objectives. From initial strategy to campaign execution and analysis, Mediakix offers the best comprehensive and managed services for its clients. These brands, which span across all major industries, include Nordstrom, Blue Apron, LG, Birchbox, Fairmont Hotels, UberEATS, Sleep Number, David Yurman, Participant Media, and many more.
As the Senior Writer, s/he will also be responsible for conceptualization, creating a brand voice and editorial tone, research, writing and editing for Mediakix’s blog, white papers, and research papers. This position is responsible for managing the day-to-day elements of Mediakix’s content publishing. You will work collaboratively with our marketing team to develop, write, and edit original thought leadership and research based content with goal of positioning Mediakix’s blog as one of the leading resources in the industry for marketing and influencer marketing content.
On research reports, the Senior Writer will mold a narrative to illuminate the topic and engage our reader; making structural changes to help the narrative flow and emphasize crucial points; checking that research is well-substantiated and clearly delineated; and writing to ensure that the text has the right level of sophistication for our audience.
About our work environment/culture: Our beach bungalow offices (1 block from the sand; beach parking provided) are full of young, passionate, creative, fun, and driven individuals who are all hungry for success yet enjoy the relaxing Santa Monica beach atmosphere. We have a team of passionate and creative professionals and work in a collaborative and fun environment.
- Write and edit research reports and white papers
- Conduct and coordinate research on blog posts and in depth research reports, pulling together disparate sources and information to publish compelling original research and articles
- Define, align and set work priorities and content schedule to ensure business objectives/goals are met
- Collaborate across entire marketing department and communicate regarding timelines, project details or priorities.
- Bachelor’s Degree from top-ranked school in writing, public relations, communications, journalism or related field
- 2-4 years relevant work experience in an editorial, writing, content marketing and/or content programming position
- Strong editorial skills: writing, content editing, copy editing and proofreading.
- Ability to meet deadlines and juggle several concurrent complex projects
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-driven, non-traditional team environment
- Must be highly motivated, tenacious, and a self-starter
- Must have conceptualization, planning, and organizational skills
- Passionate about digital media/advertising and knowledgeable about influencer marketing, advertising and marketing, and social media (including YouTube channels, blogs, Instagram, emerging channels, et. al.)
- Experience writing to B2B audience is a plus
This is a full-time salaried position with benefits. $55-65k DOE
Please send your resume and a paragraph on why you think you would be the best candidate. No cover letters please.
No phone calls.