Santa Monica, CA
Founded in 2011, Mediakix is one of the first and leading influencer marketing companies. We are recognized by Inc. 5000, as one of the fastest growing companies and we continue to be one of the most innovative in the space. Our headquarters are a block from the beach in Santa Monica, CA.
Mediakix clients include: Blue Apron, Exxon Mobil, Fairmont Hotels, LG, Uber and many other top global brands across all brand categories. We create innovative advertising initiatives through top social media influencers across YouTube, Instagram, Snapchat, blogs, and other social platforms. Mediakix has been featured in The Wall Street Journal, BuzzFeed, Adweek, and Mashable.
We’re young, fun, creative, and passionate. We’re doing awesome things in an ever evolving, brand new industry that’s changing advertising. Yes, we’re a part of changing advertising. You can be too!
Working at Mediakix is an exceptional opportunity to join a fast-growing team and get in at the ground floor with one of the best in the business. There are significant opportunities for growth and career advancement for individuals who excel at their role.
We do our own marketing and PR and write the biggest influencer marketing blog. We publish trending news, white papers, case studies and content around influencer marketing.
We are looking for a Marketing Manager, an entrepreneurial and seasoned, yet hands-on, strategic manager with a proven record of creating and managing a content marketing team, content marketing programs, initiatives, and publishing while being able to quickly execute alongside team members.
S/he must have a passion for the advertising industry, possess a ''can-do'' attitude, have experience with managing a content marketing team, and expertise in social media marketing, SEO, and B2B digital marketing.
The ideal candidate will have a strong content and editorial background, expertise in cross-social content, and a deep understanding of the evolving media landscape. The Marketing Manager should have a track record of managing teams, the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, a connection to influencer marketing, and a love of emerging social media.
What You’ll Do:
- Management of marketing and content resources including writers, designers, and coordinators
- Strategize and oversee content marketing for Mediakix social channels and website, including managing the editorial calendar, writers and third party contributors, providing feedback, editing, and writing as needed
- Undertake digital and content marketing initiatives to achieve business targets including all supporting social media channels and email/newsletter distribution
- Establish and manage campaign performance and reporting to improve efficiency and generate new insights and optimizations for the company
- Manage creation and execution of additional marketing resources including landing pages, white papers, ebooks, research reports, infographics, etc. working with marketing team and contract writers
- Write thought leadership with a firm grasp of social media, marketing, advertising, and business industries as needed
- Research latest advertising, marketing, social media, and influencer marketing trends to ensure published content is authoritative, up-to-date, and relevant
What You’ll Need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Journalism, or relevant field from a top-ranked school
- 3-5 years experience in Digital and Content Marketing including managing teams
- A minimum of 2 years of previous management experience is required. Experience leading marketing teams and processes in a fast-paced, varied environment
- A highly analytical marketing approach constantly seeking data to validate hypotheses and inform strategy
- Deep expertise in web traffic metrics to optimize content including SEO and Google Analytics
- Proficiency in WordPress, Google Analytics, Google Docs, MailChimp, and MS Office
- Expertise in social media platforms and social media management tools
- A passion and strong understanding of the industry and our business mission
This is a full-time salaried position with full benefits.
Please send your resume, a paragraph on why you think you would be the best candidate (no cover letters please), and submit 2-3 of your best B2B content writing samples.
No phone calls.