Santa Monica, CA
Since 2011, Mediakix has worked with the largest and fastest-growing brands on influencer marketing campaigns across YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, and top lifestyle blogs. Mediakix draws upon its social media influencer network of thousands and years of campaign performance data to develop customized, ROI-driven campaigns that meet and exceed its clients’ marketing and business objectives. From initial strategy to campaign execution and analysis, Mediakix offers the best comprehensive and managed services for its clients. These brands, which span across all major industries, include Nordstrom, Blue Apron, LG, Birchbox, Fairmont Hotels, UberEATS, Sleep Number, David Yurman, Participant Media, and many more.
We are looking for a passionate individual who is eager to grow and learn in the space to join our agency team as a Jr. Content Writer with experience in social media and content marketing. You will produce high-quality thought leadership pieces, how-to guides, and instructional articles for the company’s industry blog (please visit mediakix.com/blog for examples).
Additionally, you will contribute to our social media growth/strategy, manage social media accounts, and work on other administrative duties. An ideal candidate for the Jr. Content Writer role should be a self-starter, have real enthusiasm for new media, be able to produce high quality content quickly, have attention to detail and organization, and be able to meet deadlines.
About our work environment/culture: Our beach bungalow offices (1 block from the sand; beach parking provided) are full of young, passionate, creative, fun, and driven individuals who are hungry for success yet enjoy the relaxing Santa Monica beach atmosphere.
- Working alongside marketing department to pitch and implement content?
- Writing high-quality, thought leadership content
- Writing in a professional, journalistic tone (think TechCrunch, Mashable)
- Doing research on the latest social media marketing, sponsored/branded content advertising trends so content is up-to-date and relevant
You must be passionate about digital media/advertising, knowledgeable about new media/social media (including YouTube channels, blogs, etc), and excited about new digital media and tech initiatives. You must be familiar with Microsoft Office, Excel, and Google Apps. This is an ideal position for someone interested in writing, journalism, advertising, marketing, digital media, and social media. Some knowledge of media, advertising, and marketing is important but not necessary.
- Bachelor’s Degree from top ranked school
- Examples of high-quality writing
- Relevant experience or internship
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, team environment
- Ability to work autonomously and prioritize multiple tasks with strong follow-through
- Must be highly motivated, tenacious, and a self-starter
- Must possess exceptional communication, written, and verbal skills
- Technical writing and analytical research skills
- Comfortable with constructing/formatting articles/media in WordPress
- Understands and can write authoritatively on social media, YouTube, Instagram, advertising
- Past experience in copywriting, content writing, social media management, or editorial helpful but not required
This is a full-time salaried position. $35-$45K DOE.
Please send your resume and a paragraph on why you think you would be the best candidate ( no cover letters please ), and 3 original articles of your own that you feel are best representative of the job description.
No phone calls
Job Type: Full-time