Statistics That Show TikTok’s Insane Growth [Infographic]
For the latest authoritative social media and influencer marketing news, trends, and statistics, subscribe to our industry digest newsletter!
TikTok Users Are Growing At An Incredible Rate [INFOGRAPHIC]
Look out Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, and Snapchat. The new kid on the block, TikTok, is ascending into the spotlight at a near exponential growth rate. As the short-form video app takes the lead across several categories, including downloads, users, and time spent, marketers need to get ahead of the trend to take advantage of TikTok's insane growth.
There are plenty of stats that demonstrate TikTok’s meteoric rise:
- TikTok generated more than 660 million worldwide downloads in 2018.
- The app gained 75 million new users in December 2018 alone.
- TikTok recorded the longest average session duration of other top social channels at 294 seconds.
- At 500 million monthly active users (26.5 million of which are in the U.S.), TikTok's user base is twice the size of Vine's at its peak (200 million).
- In 2018, TikTok was the No. 4 most downloaded app overall, beating out both Instagram and YouTube.
- In just the U.S., TikTok's monthly downloads have steadily climbed to overtake Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, and Snapchat.
The data speaks for itself. In much less time than other leading social media apps, TikTok has shown promising signs of being the next go-to platform for advertisers. Many brands have already started sponsoring videos with TikTok's top creators. Needless to say, TikTok is a force to be reckoned with. Check out our infographic that illustrates TikTok's incredible growth.
5 Charts Prove That TikTok Growth Is Unmatched
February 28, 2019 By Mediakix Team