What Marketers Need To Know About TwitchCon 2018
For the latest influencer marketing news, resources, and case studies, subscribe to our weekly newsletter!
TwitchCon 2018: The Best Content Creators, Twitch Streamers, Brands, & Events
Twitch.tv, a livestreaming platform focused on video gaming, launched in 2011. Since then, it has become the hub of video-game content streaming online. Although Twitch isn’t as diverse or widely known as YouTube, it engages a large, young, and primarily male audience. Platform users spend, on average, over an hour watching content daily. With so much time spent on Twitch, the platform offers marketers and influencers a world of opportunity.
From October 26-28th, the San Jose Convention Center will transform into TwitchCon 2018. The weekend-long event combines sessions and workshops featuring the most popular livestreamers, previews from top video game developers, and opportunities to grow your brand. Tickets are available to the public with day and full-weekend options available.
Those attending fall under one of three categories: Community, Affiliate, or Partner. Not all attendees can access every event at the convention, but the Sessions, Meet & Greets, and Expo Hall are open to all. To let the world know you’ll be at TwitchCon 2018, you can even turn on the exclusive 2018 Twitch Chat Badge.
Related Post: Is YouTube Gaming Losing To Twitch?
A Marketer's Guide To TwitchCon 2018
Brand Marketing At TwitchCon 2018: What’s In It For Brands?
Twitch influencers offer brands sponsorship opportunities to get in front of a growing, niche, and engaged audience. Twitch competes with the livestreaming king, YouTube, but while YouTube’s sponsorship opportunities may seem more obvious to brands, Twitch influencers rival YouTube Creators. A Data Scientist at Twitch estimates that Twitch is responsible for 25% of one game’s sales based on the behavior of Twitch’s Stream connected viewers who watched gameplay and elected to purchase the game.
Twitch doesn’t work for just gaming brands. Plenty of non-gaming brands are cashing in on Twitch sponsorships. Twitch users generally look upon sponsored content favorably, leading to Twitch influencer partnerships with brands like Hershey’s, Doritos, KFC, Razor, and Monster Energy.
— DrLupo (@DrLupoOnTwitch) October 23, 2018
In fact, Hershey's is partnering up with Ninja and Dr Lupo to launch the new Hershey’s Milk Chocolate Bar with Reese’s Pieces candy, and the two gaming icons will livestream together on Oct. 23 at 4 PM PST before heading to TwitchCon 2018 later in the week. By keeping up with the Twitch world, brands of all kinds gain an edge over competitors who lag behind.
Insider’s Guide: TwitchCon 2018 Lineup
The TwitchCon expo will run from 10 am to 6 pm each day from Friday, October 26th through Sunday, October 28th. Each day at TwitchCon offers multiple opportunities to learn about Twitch and connect with well-known influencers. All 57 sessions are submitted and selected by the community and feature 280 speakers. The schedule includes Creator Camp workshops and nine meet-and-greets with popular livestreamers. While many sessions focus on streamers, the below sessions should be of keen interest to brands exploring sponsorship opportunities.
- Sponsorship Best Practices - In one hour, learn from both streamers and sponsors about how to approach, earn, and retain sponsorship deals.
- Monetizing Fun: Making Money Without "Selling Out" - With “selling out” a concern for many streamers, this panel explores the pros and cons of monetizing streams, as well as how to maintain a happy community and sponsors.
- Online Content, Endorsements & Influencers: #ThereIsSomeLaw - FTC guidelines and brand safety concerns continue to be a source of confusion and caution. Brands and streamers alike need to understand endorsement rules and restrictions as the platform and sponsorship opportunities grow. Find out from esports and video game and new media lawyers on how to properly disclose sponsorship and protect your brand.
In addition to scheduled sessions, TwitchCon includes activities ranging from silly to serious. For brands, consider the following activities:
- Developer Day - TwitchCon actually kicks off on October 25th with “Developer Day.” The second-annual Dev Day will bring together industry leaders and developers from across the globe. There, attendees can share best practices and real-life Twitch experiences.
- Streamer Program - The Streamer Program gives creators and exhibitors a chance to mix, mingle, and develop mutually beneficial business relationships.
- Expo - The expo floor will be packed with over 140 exhibitors. Size up the competition, see the latest games and products, and check out the Twitch Booth to learn about new Twitch features.
A Sneak Peek At Which Brands & Gamers Are Coming To TwitchCon 2018
There’s no shortage of big-name attendees at TwitchCon 2018. Hundreds of exhibitors, top streamers, artists, and Twitch ambassadors are planning to attend. Here's a snapshot of some of TwitchCon's guest list:
What do Fortnite, Nerf, and Nissin Cup Noodles have in common?
(If you had a different answer, we definitely want to hear it) pic.twitter.com/ATCYdvpkzH
— TwitchCon 2018 (@TwitchCon) October 8, 2018
- Red Bull
- Game Tech
- Call of Duty
Check out the committed content creators and Twitch streamers who feature a variety of content, including games, talk shows, music, art, and more:
TwitchCon 2018 will feature a host of artists, both established and new, who are making waves in the creator circle:
- Kittykatgaming Man
Related Post: How Top Brands Market With Twitch Influencers
To represent the unique community of Twitch streamers and audiences, TwitchCon selected 15 Partners who embody #BleedPurple spirit to share their stories leading up to the event:
Planning On Attending TwitchCon 2018?
For additional information, check out the TwitchCon 2018 FAQ. To keep up to date on all that’s happening before, during, and after TwitchCon, follow the TwitchCon Blog and Twitter. You can also subscribe to email updates to stay in the loop. If you can’t attend this year’s event, stay tuned for our recap after TwitchCon 2018.
Also See Our Posts On:
October 23, 2018 By Mediakix Team