How Snapchat Demographics Are Surprisingly Shifting In 2016 [Infographic]
For the latest news and trends on top Snapchatters, YouTubers, Instagrammers, & bloggers, subscribe to our industry digest newsletter!
10 Snapchat Demographics Every Brand Should Know In 2016 [Infographic]
With its ability to provide bite-sized, authentic, and engaging content, Snapchat has become the preferred social media platform of 2016. Over 100 million people access Snapchat daily to view their favorite Snaps and/or Stories among the eight million videos that are published on the app each day. Recently, TechCrunch reported that Snapchat's current valuation is $20 billion, a reflection of the app’s rapid growth and popularity.
As Snapchat expands and the messaging app's user base evolves, brands should note Snapchat's broadening user demographics and alter their marketing efforts to appeal to a changing, aging audience. For a closer look at the biggest statistics and trends driving the social media & marketing industry, check out our post "The 10 Top Social Media Marketing Statistics."
How Snapchat Demographics Are Shifting
While Snapchat remains wildly popular with young social media users—over 60% of U.S. smartphone users are between the ages of 13 and 34 are Snapchatters—what’s more revealing is how Snapchat is now beginning to proliferate quickly among older demographics. As our Snapchat infographic illustrates, over 50% of new Snapchat users are over the age of 25, and the percentage growth of those aged 35 years and older is actually greater than the penetration rate for 18- to 24-year-olds.
Related Post: The 10 Snapchat Statistics You Must See To Believe
How Brands Can Capitalize On Snapchat's Changing Demographics
For companies looking to develop a Snapchat marketing strategy, it's important to realize that, like Facebook and Instagram before it, the app's demographics are beginning to skew older as Snapchat becomes integrated into mainstream culture and a broader range of users acclimate to Snapchat's functionality and features. Regardless of user age, however, Snapchat's astounding engagement rates (over 50% of Snapchat users are on the platform daily) and massive amounts of new content assures that Snapchat audiences will continue to spend hours on the app every week.
Related Post: A Marketer's Guide To The Best Brands On Snapchat
Snapchat Demographics For Marketers
1. Snapchat added more 25- to 34-year-olds (an increase of 103%) and users over the age of 35 (an 84% increase) than 18- to 24-year-olds—the latter demographic only increased by 56%.
2. Over half of new Snapchat users are over the age of 25.
3. Over half of all Snapchat users visit the app at least once every day.
4. Over 60% of U.S. smartphone users between the ages of 13 and 34 are Snapchatters.
5. Over 60% of Americans between the ages of 13 and 38 are on Snapchat.
6. 57 million Americans use Snapchat.
7. Over 85% of all monthly Snapchat users are between 13 and 34 years old.
8. More than 30% of teenagers say that Snapchat is the most important social media platform.
9. 7 out of 10 Snapchat users are millennials.
10. Nearly 60% of college users would purchase a brand if sent a coupon on Snapchat.
Also See Our Posts On:
June 2, 2016 By Mediakix Team